Who We Are
Turning Ideas into Reality
Women make up approximately 33% of the Penn Engineering incoming class each year. While this is better than the national average of 20%, there is still work to be done. In the fall of 2007, due to the generous donation of a Mechanical Engineering Alumna, the Advancing Women in Engineering Program (AWE) was launched. Under the leadership of the AWE faculty committee and with the guidance of the AWE student advisory board, AWE is committed to providing resources, support and opportunities to SEAS.Download Brochure
The Advancing Women in Engineering (AWE) program is dedicated to recruiting, retaining, and promoting women in Penn Engineering. Goals:
- Develop and support initiatives to increase the number of women interested in studying engineering at Penn and elsewhere.
- Enhance the overall academic experience of female students in Penn Engineering via targeted curricular development and increased research and professional opportunities.
- Create and support social and networking opportunities for women in engineering.
AWE provides opportunities for:
- Getting to know other women in engineering students
- Networking with professional and alumnae engineers
- Personal and professional development
- Roundtable discussions, panels, and guest speakers